“The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.” Coretta Scott King
This is a call to action for youth who want to make a positive difference in their communities!
Guardian Real Estate Services is offering grants from $500 – $2,000 to support your hands-on community action projects with our Youth Engagement Grants.
Young people today want to play an active role in creating a future that is sustainable and equitable. Full of optimism, they have their own ideas on how to impact and improve our local communities.
Guardian Youth Grants aims to empower our youth to turn these ideas into reality. Grant winners will have the opportunity to address real issues and provide lasting change, while building their own leadership and service skills.
A mission to create a better community starts with an idea.
- What is important to you?
- What problems affect your community?
- What interests do you have that can help others?
- Guardian Youth Grant Flyer
- Materials in English
- Materials in Spanish
- Materials in Russian
- Materials in Vietnamese
- Passion to make a difference in the world
- 10-18 years old, parent/guardian consent needed for all applicants under 18
- Resident of Oregon or Washington
- Completed Grant Application Form. This application form must be completed by the youth applicant.
- Letter of recommendation from an adult. This letter can come from an educator, church member, business community member, coach, or your mentor.
- All grant projects must be completed within 12 months of receiving grant monies.
- Only one grant application per applicant per year.
- A grant committee will review grant applications. Everyone who has submitted a grant application will be notified in writing on the status of their grant application.
- Due to limited funds and/or incomplete grant application, your grant application may not receive a funding award.
- If your grant does not receive an award this year, we encourage you to resubmit in future years.
- If you are awarded a grant this year, you are welcome to reapply in future years for additional funds for your project, if needed, or to apply with new grant ideas.
- Application must be submitted to Tammy Hubbard via email or mail.
- Buckman Heights c/o Tammy Hubbard 430 NE 16th Ave. Portland, OR 97232
- Accomplish grant goals within 12 months of receiving grant funds.
- Attend presentation meeting with Guardian for pictures and check presentation.
- Provide monthly project update reports with pictures.
- Attend an exit meeting with Guardian once grant project has finished.
- Present grant project and outcome at the following annual Guardian Leadership Conference.
If you have any questions about the grant application or the process, please email Tammy Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org