Axletree is located on the former Bernard’s Garage site in the heart of Downtown Milwaukie. Guardian purchased the property in May 2017 to develop a five-story mixed-use building with 110 apartment units and 7,300 sf of retail space. This is the first newly constructed multifamily development that the city has seen in over ten years and is conveniently located on the MAX Orange Line. Axletree funding included a transit-oriented development grant from Metro and the Guardian worked closely with the City of Milwaukie throughout the design review process. The building officially opened November 2019.
For more Axletree Apartments information visit www.axletreemilwaukie.com.
- Property Acquired: May 2017
- Completion Date: Fall 2019
- Unit Mix: 110 Total; 44 Studios, 58 One Bedroom and 8 Two Bedrooms
- Parking: 77 Spaces
- 7,300 SF of Commercial Space
- Developer – Guardian Real Estate Services
- Architect – SERA Architecture
- General Contractor – R&H Construction
- Construction Management – BC Group
- Financing Partners: